PDA

View Full Version : Prodigy wiring fix

78Chev
07-23-2009, 17:20
Just hooked up my Prodigy brake controller. Had no brake pedal voltage. The red wire is supposed to be connected to the bottom left slot on the convenience center receptacle. I found it instead on the upper right receptacle. Moved the pin in the connector housing and now I have brakes. Not sure if this was intentional on GM's part for the 06 model year but that was my fix. Maybe this will save someone else some head scratchin'.
Randy

CoyleJR
07-23-2009, 19:11
78CHEVY

I had a similar problem with my 06 and the cause turned out to be a blown fuse for the third brake light. If it is a blown fuse you might want to put the wiring back the way it was just to be safe. I am really impressed with my Prodigy.

Good Luck

78Chev
07-23-2009, 20:22
Thanks. I checked every fuse in all boxes. Everything OK. This slot was definitely switched by the brake pedal while the other one was not. I'll still keep checking but I think someone at GM bobbed when they should've weaved and just plugged the pin into the slot diagonal from the right one.

Gapper_ca
07-26-2009, 17:35
same thing happend to me. but if you check the brake controler web site you sould find the wiring fix for a chev truck. i had to buy a adaptor for my 05 from my 96. moved the red wire and averything works .