PDA

View Full Version : Loads of good stuff

Robyn
07-20-2009, 18:47
Hey crew.
There is a nice thread going in the tech forum on Build tips for the 6.2/6.5
Included is all sort of good tech stuff.

Hard to find part numbers as well as loads of pix of actual parts going into a rebuild.

Timing marks, where to use loctite and many many other good things.

Blessings

Missy

BigGun J
07-20-2009, 20:14
Robyn,
Great build thread! I have done most every thing automotive other then re-building my own motor. I know a rebuild is not for everyone but you sure give me the confidence and encouragement to take on the task. My Toyota Landcruiser 6.2 transplant is treating me good so after I get the wifes kitchen remodeled on to my tired 6.5. Hopefully my 599 block is solid and if cracking. Hopefully just minor and a trip up from Seattle to have you install the inserts.

Jim

Robyn
07-21-2009, 07:41
You are welcome.

When you get the beast apart and real clean, if you find cracks, take good high res pix and we can look it all over before you come over.

Let me know in advance so I can be sure I have inserts in stock.

Takes a couple hours to do the work is all.

The cam bearings need to come out too. With all the drilling and tapping there exists the real likelyhood that some crap can get into the oil passages and possibly behind the bearings (oil holes).

Once the work is done the block can be really scrubbed out and steamed good.

If you have the bearings out we can do a real good dutch scrub while your here, then all you will need is to have the cam bearings installed.

If the bores are still good we can hone the thing too and be all done with making any gritty stuff that has to be washed out.

Keep me posted.

Robyn

jerry598
07-30-2009, 09:01
Robyn,
Looking at your pics, it appears you are reusing the original harmonic damper. Am I right to say that you must not be concerned about upgrading that part with a Fluidamper?
Jerry

Robyn
07-30-2009, 14:03
The only reason that there are not a lot more upgrades is the much needed upgrade to my CHECKBOOK :eek:

The damper is in good condition. I will replace the pulley/damper shortly though due to some cracks in the rubber center.

The fluid damper is a nice upgrade for sure.

Robyn