PDA

View Full Version : How to recognize a new(changed) IP pump?

jpaitala
10-24-2003, 23:28
I'm just wondering that if anyone has good pics of the IP pump(motor bay) before and after the change. :confused:
Would be nice to know what to look for when going to see these trucks that I would like to get.

Thanks.

Shad
10-25-2003, 01:14
I know mine has a green tag on it. I heard someone ssying mine was replaced under warr.

jpaitala
10-25-2003, 10:05
Anyone with pics of pump with "green tag" and without the tag??

Thanks.

Jim P
10-25-2003, 13:01
My pump was replaced pretty recently and it has the number 5021 (I think)on it and it also has numerous little white stickers that have a bar code on them.

G B Sisson
10-25-2003, 22:08
I was wondering the same thing as I bought my Suburban from a dealer a year ago with 130,000 on it. I went out and looked and mine has at least one bar code sticker and green tag ,but also has bright red glue like compound on joint between PMD and IP,on PMD harness connector and PMD ground wire to pump. I think someone wants to know if the PMD has been removed or altered...I took all this to be a very good sign of a recent replacement,it also had a sticker "remanufactured pump by Stanadyne" I hope this is good too...By the way,Inoticed all this because I was replacing My DEAD PMD and going to a cooler...That one didnt last too long.So far 150 miles and no shutdown .(was at every 10 miles). ..Gary

jpaitala
10-27-2003, 21:14
Anyone?

toyboxrv
10-28-2003, 07:39
A pump with model # 5521 is the latest version of the DS4 pump. Green tag pumps are rebuilt, but not necessarily the best pump out there. The model number is on the blue label on the rear of the pump and starts with DS4831 then the specific model.Ther is sometimes a white stick on tag with the build date on it. Get a light and a mirror and look at the back of the pump to see what it says.