PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean on a (2003?) LB7 block?

Rick Henderson
05-12-2009, 18:35
The numbers on this block show
YZH
10YZH R0282140
ECV

Does anybody know how to decifer this?

Thanks

Rick Henderson
05-13-2009, 10:18
Or if someone knew where I could go to find out?
Thanks

Rick Henderson
05-13-2009, 14:55
Is there any identification of a VIN on the block or associated with these numbers?

DmaxMaverick
05-13-2009, 15:28
I don't know what the characters mean, so I can't help you with that, for now. They appear to be casting/lot #, date code, serial number, etc., but I don't know for certain.

The VIN info won't be on the block, but the engine series will be reflected in the VIN. The 8th digit denotes the engine series, and other digits indicate emissions, and other unique equipment. I don't have a late model cypher for these. You can also find other truck/powertrain info on the RPO sticker in the glove box. The engine serial number may be associated with the VIN, but no likely on the truck. GM should have a record of this, somewhere. They may not be forthcoming with this info, as it's also used for crime investigations. CHP (in CA) and other state/local authorities have access to this, but in most cases, can't access it w/o an open investigation.

However, some other info may help find your answer:

Where were they located? Where on the block? Heads? Manifold(s)? Accessories/components? Adapters?

Were they embossed, engraved, cast, printed, stamped? On a sticker or tag?
Photo(s) may be helpful.