PDA

View Full Version : New waranty injectors and still wont run?

LB704
04-14-2009, 15:13
Last week lehmers gmc put in all eight ijectors under the extended injector waranty. But it still wont run, it will start but just belches smoke then dies. They told me it needs a new reflector wheel which means the whole front of the engine comes off. And it is not coverd my waranty it expired last year so it will cost two grand. As anyone else had their reflecor wheel go bad?

DmaxMaverick
04-14-2009, 17:20
Welcome aboard!

Never heard of a "reflector" wheel. Perhaps they meant the reluctor wheel? It's behind the harmonic damper on the crank, and references the crank sensor. Have they replace the crank sensor? The reluctor is not a moving part, or electronic (it only goes 'round with the crank), and a failure is highly unlikely. If it's damaged, you have bigger fish to fry (something broke it). If the dealership is basing their diagnosis on a missing or erratic crank sensor reference, I'd first suspect everything else in the system, before thinking about replacing the reluctor. There should be DTC's to indicate the area of the problem. If it's only the crank reference, look for a wiring, connector, or sensor issue. It could also be the PCM (and they are a LOT cheaper to replace than the reluctor).

Duramaster
04-25-2009, 21:43
Is it running yet? :confused:

leolkfrm
05-10-2009, 20:20
check the engine harness connector above the left head, make sure all the wires are still pushed into the connectors!