PDA

View Full Version : Pulling codes '93

AJ650
01-23-2004, 16:41
Hello all,
my '93 is once again kicking out of OD and refusing to go back in unless the truck is shut down and re-started (auto tranny). Made for a nice long trip on the interstate this weekend. Fuel mileage really sucks when you're cranking close to 3k at 60mph. I believe it's the tranny's TPS again, 2nd one this year. I don't rememeber how to pull codes with the key method, so can someone please post instructions?

If I remember correctly, code 19 or 35 is the TPS code, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance for the help. I need to get this corrected. The sooner I get this fixed the sooner I can off-load this turd.

Barry Nave
01-23-2004, 20:22
Re addjust the TPS. Sounds like it's all about the TPS :D

AJ650
01-24-2004, 03:11
I would adjust the TPS myself, but have no idea how to do so or where it is located. Last one was installed by Aamco. Any help with this would be appreciated. I'm looking to upgrade in the next couple of weeks, but don't think I'll get much of a trade-in with it only running on 3 gears.

gmctd
01-24-2004, 05:43
Several connectors are in the trans harness between the TCM, the APP module, and the trans.

Starting with the big one, driver's side towards rear of trans, disconnect each plug, check the terminals for oxidation\corrosion, clean if necessary, and re-connect.

If it's 4L80E, there are two two-wire speed sensor connectors, same side.
Should be more connectors at firewall, between heads.

Connector at APP module on the inj pump should be done, also.

Find the TCM, usually behind the glove box, and check that connector(s), also.

Bad connections can give same DTC as failed module.

Short ALDL pin A to B for DTC's.