PDA

View Full Version : "Brand X" in CA

94bluehd
03-28-2009, 21:00
Just an insight of my experience....When I first starting searching for 6.5 info (approx 2001) I first came across "Brand X" who had "all the answers" for the 6.5. I got a remote PBD with the remote "controller" where I was supposed to be able to adjust the fuel, similar to a resistor. All it did was set off codes and I didn't see where it did anything. Also, at the time I read on the website something like "we have never had a PMD [FSD] failure with our cooler." The cooler I got is just a piece of ribbed aluminum and guess what>>>> failure at 24K!!!! Also, the turbo control I bought was a dial thing that you could adjust the amount of boost with a little dial....guess what>>>>>>Codes and would routinely "reset" whereas the boost would shut down completely. If I was drag racing and didn't care about the motor that may have been ok b/c I could get 20+ on a short term.

I have since gone to a TM, 93 belt and a #9.....smooth sailing.

Let that be a lesson to me! $200 wasted!

DmaxMaverick
03-28-2009, 21:34
Sounds like someone we know all too well. Same old story (hasn't changed in 5 years).

suburbanK-2500HD
03-30-2009, 11:00
There is an article about this on the forum.
If you have a boost gauge its possible to make it work.
If you make any adjustments with the "potentiometer" you have to do a timing learn prosess, since the PMD dont se the change in resistans at once.
Its supose to take about 50 starts for it to recognice the change.

JohnC
03-30-2009, 13:44
There's no guaranty it'll ever recognize the change. 50 start cycles is how long it takes to clear DTC codes. The resistor is only read if the value in memory is missing. TDC offset learn clears the value (among others) so it reads it immediately.

16gaSxS
04-01-2009, 13:13
A Steak Sauce sighting........I figured he gone the way of the leaded gasoline.:rolleyes:

DickWells
04-01-2009, 13:35
This guy in the same class as the Diesel Doctor? Haven't heard anything about him in here in a while. Is he still out there bad mouthing G. Banks, and other wise polluting the air with his invective?
Dick