PDA

View Full Version : Side step bars

BigLar368
03-22-2009, 07:02
I am looking for a set of round tube side step bars that are like the GO-Rhino's that are wheel to wheel and mount to the frame instead of drilling holes in the body. Does anyone know of a company that makes a similair set that mount to the frame? Thanks

NutNbutGMC
03-22-2009, 08:38
Westin

http://www.westinautomotive.com/

I have a set on a 2000 Suburban mounted on the frame. Works very well.

cabletech
03-22-2009, 14:20
I'll 2nd the Westins. I have a set on my 06 3500. Just pay the extra for the stainless steel ones.

BigLar368
03-22-2009, 16:48
I am familiar with Westins but I was looking more for the ones that look like the Go Rhino's. I remember seeing a set made by another company that looked almost identical but can't remember the name. I may have to use the Westins. I do like the Go Rhinos better however I can't see drilling holes in the body of the truck. I live about 30 miles from the ocean and the holes would start rusting eithin days.

curmudge1
03-26-2009, 11:36
I got mine from www.stylintrucks.com - they have several brands. HTH.

--
Dave

I don't work for them, nor have any financial interest.

DickWells
03-28-2009, 08:46
I have Westins on my GMC, and like them just fine, except------. The front step pads are too far front. Most people will step out onto the bare metal, instead of onto the plastic strip, causing scratches. I parked next to a Ford a couple weeks ago, and I really liked his bars. The wear bads were longer, and covered the area to the rear better. Trouble is, I never took the time to chase the driver down and check with him. Soooo, I don't know what make they were, or anything. Sorry to be a PITA, but, that's my story. You might want to research this, if that issue of the step pad location means something to you.
Good luck.
Dick:)

03silverchevy
04-03-2009, 20:24
N fab are like the Go Rhinos- I think 4wheelparts has them I have them on, they look good, but large feet are trouble fitting the steps sometimes.