PDA

View Full Version : exhaust systems

Wing Nut OOA
03-20-2009, 08:33
From what i gather, this seems to be more important than anything.

i would like to look into doing my exhaust but like all things i'm not forced into, i like to take it slowly and gather as much info about it as i can.

so i'm asking, of those of you who have modded your exhaust, puchased OR fab'd, can you give me some input and pictures.

and i'd also like to know the importance of the different peices and how well they work.

DennisG01
03-20-2009, 09:03
Gotta a couple of hours set aside for some excellent reading material? :)

Click on "search", then "advanced". Enter "exhaust" in the search criteria and pick "search titles only". Be sure to highlight "6.5" on the right side under "search in forums"

DaveBr
03-20-2009, 17:10
There are a lots of good dealers that sell performance exhaust systems. Kennedy diesel & others that advertise here. There is one well known supplier that does not advertise on this page that even supplies before & after dyno charts. When you get it done have a 1/8 NPT bung welded in your cross-over pipe for your future EGT gauge. Put it just below the flange on the drivers side manifold. Face it towards the rear of the truck. When you have your complete old system removed is the best time to change your glow plugs if you are thinking of doing it.

Dave

94bluehd
03-20-2009, 23:07
I agree with DaveBr. If you are starting mods, plan for guages!!!! You need to know whats happening there. Years ago when I installed my exhaust (4" turbo-back no cat-open) I did not do the crossover and had the coupler installed on the pass side and have to account for a gauge reading that is 200* less than actual. Once you open that exhaust and install gauges, the sky is the limit for anything that comes up after that.