PDA

View Full Version : P101 Code

bob213
03-11-2009, 19:49
I have an LBZ mouthpiece and induction tube on my LLY. I also have my EGR blocked. After 1500 miles without a problem, I was driving in a hard rain. My air box is modified and my stock filter got wet. I threw a P0101 code. I thoght it was from the wet filter. Changed filter and cleaned MAF. SES came back after a few key cycles and continued to get more frequent. Now it comes back almost immediately. I have since gone back to stock air box. I have CA emmissions. Would a egr block contribute to this code? (I thought that was P104). Any ideas on what could be causing this or what I should do?

Kennedy
03-12-2009, 04:48
So it still does it with the stock induction?

Please explain further what mods you have done to the air box itself. Is it the rectangular filter or round?

The CA emissions trucks are pretty darn fussy. The P0101 code is likely related to the changes that you made. In order to diagnose the other code (104? likely P0401) I'll need the full DTC number.

bob213
03-12-2009, 17:08
My air box is back to stock now. I did (I think, your) Kennedey air box mod. That can no longer be the problem as I have eliminated it. and gone back to the square stock box. My mouth piece and induction tube mod is the Killer Bee (can I say that?) induction overhaul kit. When I first put on my 4" exhaust, EGR plate, and cat delete I generated the P0401 code. I used my Predator to block that and it has not come back since. Then I installed the induction kit. No problem for 1500 miles. Then rain, a wet air filter and the P0101 code. At first every 200 miles or 3 or 4 key cycles. Now almost immediately. Cleaning the MAF with Maf cleaner has not helped. I've cleaned the contacts on the plug as well. It doesn't effect performance, but I would like to know what it is and get rid of that stupid light on my dash. I really don't want to use EFI to block the diagnostic as that seems to be a bandaid repair. I have not gone back to stock induction to see if that would eliminate the problem. I have just received the parts to go back to that if all else fails.

madmatt
03-12-2009, 17:26
go back to stock, clear the codes and see what happens.