PDA

View Full Version : heads

Wing Nut OOA
03-03-2009, 17:59
got em!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9413/headb.jpg

they are infact exactly 4 pounds heavier than the stock heads (within the tollerances of my certified scale - plus/minus .25?)
Stock Head: 65lbs.
SSDiesel Head: 69lbs.

exact same trim. no injectors no sensors no bolts, just valves, seals, springs, etc.

they are even painted black bar the machined surfaces.
i'm very happy everything looks excellent except the part circled in red.

a little worried because i know there are no exhaust gaskets used here.

i'll probably just hit it with a file or something. gonna be cautious not to go too far though.. dont like leaks :mad:

6.5 Detroit Diesel
03-03-2009, 20:48
you can get exhaust gaskets, I have put them on my truck. A real pain, will probably skip them next time

simon
03-04-2009, 15:39
got em!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9413/headb.jpg

they are infact exactly 4 pounds heavier than the stock heads (within the tollerances of my certified scale - plus/minus .25?)
Stock Head: 65lbs.
SSDiesel Head: 69lbs.

exact same trim. no injectors no sensors no bolts, just valves, seals, springs, etc.

they are even painted black bar the machined surfaces.
i'm very happy everything looks excellent except the part circled in red.

a little worried because i know there are no exhaust gaskets used here.

i'll probably just hit it with a file or something. gonna be cautious not to go too far though.. dont like leaks :mad:Made in China!,dont matter, I use them too. they are actually better machined than OEM heads i found. espessially on the valve cover flat the OEM heads are often machined unven, creating up to a 1/4" step

on your new heads compare the intake ports with the gaskets, depending on the supplier the intake ports could be a 1/4" offset. I had a few heads like that and I had to grind the ports out one side to match the gakets for best air flow.I use a diff supplier now.

As other guy said,no need for gaskets there.

Robyn
03-04-2009, 16:32
I have a set of the Heads from Clearwater and they were sweet.

Wish they were US made but the price of $670 for a set to my door as way kewl.

Rig runs great and has aboutm 40K on the rebuild now.

RC