PDA

View Full Version : Low RPM Power Loss

DuramaxWolfe50
02-18-2009, 12:20
I have a 2005 6.6 Y Duramax. I keep regular maintenance on it. Run "Sea Foam" fuel treatment about every 6000 miles. No fuel induction or air problems to date. 150,000 miles.

I am running a "Super Chips" for GM Diesels on "Performance/Tow Mode". Also, running a "True Flow" Extreme Duty air intake filter system. Have been running the "True Flow" for about a year no problems what so ever. I cleaned the filter element and oiled it. Immediately started getting an trouble code indicating I had Mass Air Flow Sensor problems. I figure I oiled the element too much. I recleaned the element and cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner from NAPA. Pretty much corrected the problem. However, I am still getting a considerable loss of power at low rpm's to the point of not being able to gain speed and then it will pick up quick. No problems what so ever at higher rpms and speeds. The problem does not happen all the time.

Any ideas?

Mark Rinker
02-18-2009, 18:52
Hmmm...odd scenario. Any codes being set?

I'd start by removing the tune and seeing if the same symptoms appear in stock form, troubleshooting from that baseline.

madmatt
02-18-2009, 20:20
How many miles on your fuel filter?

cowboywildbill
02-19-2009, 04:53
Could the varible vane tubo be sticking or sluggish, maybe the tune could affect it ?

DuramaxWolfe50
02-19-2009, 10:52
No codes being set. Good idea I will remove the tune and see what happens.:)

Hmmm...odd scenario. Any codes being set?

I'd start by removing the tune and seeing if the same symptoms appear in stock form, troubleshooting from that baseline.