PDA

View Full Version : Injector return line

BigGun J
02-15-2009, 18:43
I need to replace the injector return lines. I was at NAPA and they could not find a kit in there computer. I thought I remembered a thread that said they carried a kit? The fuel line they had on the real was fat and I am not sure it would fit. Also does each return line have a clamp or just the end caps?

You have to love ebay sellers. That 895.00 motor on ebay BEWARE. He installed vacuum line for the returns on the Injectors. When I got to the exhaust shop I had that smell and smoke rolling from under the hood. The vac line was very soft and swollen and were dripping fuel onto the manifolds.
Thare was a Lowes next door so I went and got some zip ties. After they got through installing the exhaust I cut the ends and zipped tied the lines and made it home. I swear I hit every red light. Diesel is not as flamable as gas but it was still stressful!

Jim

john8662
02-16-2009, 12:52
Call any local diesel shop that rebuilds injection pumps, that should fix you up. Just pull out the phone book under Diesel.

Bummer on the cheap engine/lines.

Jodean
02-16-2009, 17:53
there are also clampless lines, they look braided but are still rubber coated with a cloth material....black in color

do a search for parts on the internet and you will find those, they usually come with injector copper o rings, the two end injectors still get a plug that have to have a clamp yet though....

ive used 1/8 fuel line before, but you have to carve the ends to make it fit on the injectors

bmiszuk
02-17-2009, 08:11
That 895.00 motor on ebay BEWARE.
Are you talking about the guy who says that he goes through ex-military motors and fixes whatever's wrong with them?

Robyn
02-17-2009, 08:28
Dipaco makes a nice KIT that has all the lines, clamps and other stuff ya need including the end caps for 7 and 8 at the rear.

These are the fabric covered lines that push on and dont need clamps.

I have personally used this Kit and ite good stuff.

One of our sponsoring vendors probably handles this product.

If you want here is an ebay listing number for just what you need and it has a buy it now 360001587823

Type that ## into the ebay search box.

Best

Robyn

BigGun J
02-20-2009, 19:13
Thanks Robyn. I ordered a couple of options from McMaster Carr. I have a trip down to Sherwood Oregon over the weekend so will see how they fit after work next week.

ebay seller $895.00 at the top of the list. Has good feed back. I will be putting miles on this motor starting next weekend so that will be the real truth. We had conversation about the motors and he was not experiencing the cracks in the military take outs and that is exactly what I saw when I pulled the humvey pan and installed mine. Quite small and I had to look, but they were there. Also when I pulled the top off the IP to install my 12 top it had rust in it. My motor had sat for quite some time and the IP was very clean inside. The timing is advanced and it sounds quite raspy. My goal is to log some miles. I will probably send my spare IP and injectors to a shop to get rebuilt and go from there.

Jim
93 6.5TD x-cab 2wd 4l80e
85 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60. 6.2, 700R4. soon to be DD again!!