PDA

View Full Version : Okay could this possibly be true??

Zac6.5
01-31-2009, 17:58
Okay, I saw this on Ebay and just wanted to show it off for a laugh and try to get some idea on how this guy has 98% feedback. 100 horse power and 190lbs of torque added to a 98 3500 6.5. Could this thing even make 15hp? Says it's 100% guarantee.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DIESEL-PROGRAMMER-1998-CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-3500-6-5L_W0QQitemZ200304602967QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33597QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

R/Cpullerdude
01-31-2009, 18:16
It's a scam. At most it's a resistor inside the box. I like how it'll make both auto and manual transmissions shift smoother.

Zac6.5
01-31-2009, 19:02
I didn't see that first. The smoother shifting is a good touch. But how does the guy not have at least one mean nasty neg. feedback?

R/Cpullerdude
01-31-2009, 19:22
"total scam

long story short. i bought it, asked for a refund after my ASE CERTIFIED mechanic told me it was bull**** and will blow my motor, i emailed michael porosky who btw is the POS scammer, he told me to "leave positive feedback" before the refund or f off.

this 40 year old piece of **** has scammed tens of thousands from people. he also owns a ditch digging business/contractor. should report his business to the IRS and BBB.

cheap 3 cent resistor, i should have known better. here is the pictures. i got taken advantage of, so you guys dont have to.

if you purchased this item, ask for a refund then leave negative to let everyone else know that they should google this scammer!"

Found that on another site. Just googled Mind Blower performance chip.

Robyn
02-01-2009, 07:14
In the first place there is simply no way to add a full 100 HP to the 6.5 with a simple 2 wire Gizzzzzmo.

A top flight Power Chip thats costs $300 will get some serious improvements but thats on a 94-5 obd1 and the later trucks require an ECM change to get the performance programing.

Now about the 100% + feedback
Well if you have to give + feedback before you get your refund he has what he wants, your money and +++++ so he then screws you and you cant retract the feedback once left.

If enough people complain to ebay about the A$$ H*** he will get the boot.

RULE #1 if it seems too good to be true, YUP it is.

Only on rare ocasion do we ever get anything grand so cheap.

Best

Robyn

93GMCSierra
02-01-2009, 09:46
I think if you pay with pay pal you can leave neg feedback and get your money back, leave the feed back and if he refuses to give the refund start a dispute through ebay if he wont or dont make it right they refund the money for you, and take it from him.

Zac6.5
02-01-2009, 10:05
That's a good idea. It's almost worth it to put some true feedback on his file. He will at least have to abandon that account and start another one. Just by looking at his feedback you can tell he has screwed a few people.

john8662
02-01-2009, 17:54
I see that guys POS listing all the time on ebay, it's simply over listed too.

Let's all do the report over listing form on ebay on this D. B. I'm just tired of seeing his gay blue image...

J

Zac6.5
02-01-2009, 17:58
So what kind of real-world power could I expect to get from a chip or computer upgrade from a reputable dealer like Kennedy or Heath on my 98? 20 or 30 horsepower? A chip that isn't based on magic.

a5150nut
02-01-2009, 21:24
So what kind of real-world power could I expect to get from a chip or computer upgrade from a reputable dealer like Kennedy or Heath on my 98? 20 or 30 horsepower? A chip that isn't based on magic.

Check their sites, they both list what they offer.:)

HiwayDiesel
02-01-2009, 22:57
How does he have 98%+ feedback? Half the people give positive feedback just for actually getting the "magic box" and wanting to believe the dream. The other half are too afraid to give negative feedback and let folks know they got scammed. There are lots of knowledgeable buyers on eBay. And some that are not so.

I can't believe eBay hasn't kicked this charlatan/scammer off the site....

aloharovers
02-02-2009, 10:51
Whats funny, if you read some of the feed backs a good many of them are along the lines

"received item. don't know if it works. Seller requested fast feedback"

arveetek
02-02-2009, 20:51
Whats funny, if you read some of the feed backs a good many of them are along the lines

"received item. don't know if it works. Seller requested fast feedback"

Hey Aloha! It's good to see you again! I haven't seen you post here in a while (like a couple of years!).

Casey

moondoggie
02-03-2009, 19:49
Good Day!

"So what kind of real-world power could I expect to get from a chip or computer upgrade from a reputable dealer like Kennedy or Heath on my 98? 20 or 30 horsepower? A chip that isn't based on magic." You've already started right - more air in & out is usually done 1st. If you're gonna reprogram (I think the last year you could change EPROMs was 95), get a boost gauge & EGT gauge 1st. You probably want to get some baseline data before you make more changes. Plus, you don't want to reprogram without these gauges, so you can save your motor with your footfeed.

Kennedy won't say what HP / torque you'll get. He has a beautiful chassis dyno, & says to bring 'er out & get real numbers, not something made-up. That's gonna be tought from CA, of course. :rolleyes: I prefer JK, but you won't go wrong with either vendor.

Blessings!