PDA

View Full Version : tires and lift? on dually

raw
01-25-2009, 17:23
i dont think i have ever posted this much about a truck i bought,i have a 93 4x4 ext cab ,i was wondering whats the biggest tires i can put on it stock and if i lifted it what can i put on it then i know im limitedthe with in th rear and do i have a lift option i would like around 3-5'' lift(do not want body lift) and would like the truck to set level since i want be towin anything real heavy with it and has anyone one ran bfg kos on the truck i have ran them alot befor and got great milage out of them

Robyn
01-25-2009, 21:51
Howdy

On the IFS trucks there is really no good way to lift them other than a full lift kit.

The quicky tweek the bars sucks and just fouls up the steering geometry something bad.

The kits are spendy but if you want 5 inches that about the only way to do it on these rigs.

I had a 92 Burb with a 6 inch suspension lift, a 4 inch body lift and 35 inch tires. Whoa what a monster that was.

Super lift and others offer some good products that will get the job done.

Robyn

ThumperTDC
01-27-2009, 19:57
If you don't want to go the full suspension lift route. You can get new torsion keys which are indexed differently than the stock ones to allow about 2 inchs of lift in the front, then you can either add a leaf in the rear or blocks to gain 2 inchs or so. My 99 GMC sierra could use a little lift, but unfortunately I can't do a suspension lift due to having to haul a gooseneck horse trailer. I tightened the torsion bars to level the truck out after I got it just over ayear ago, but now my new tires rub a little in the front and was looking at getting some new torsion keys to hopefully get my truck sitting as high as the stock HD's.

I have read that you can run 33's with the torsion keys on the body style I have, not sure what you can run with your's.

I currently have about 10 to 12 k on my BFG A/T KO's. On the heavier rigs you don't get the kind of milage like the small suv's/trucks can get. My dad had a 99 Chevy crewcab with these tires and said he got about 40k out of them. My wifes jeep liberty has between 25 and 30 k on them and they look like they have a little less to about the same wear as mine on my truck.

Robyn
01-28-2009, 07:23
Thumper

You can lift your rig if you desire, we used to pull the trailer with a 97 Ford 350 Stroke and it was a bunch taller than the GMC even in stock trim.

You could do 4" easily and not have any issues other than maybe "Missy" getting anal about it. :D

RC

raw
01-28-2009, 17:09
33 would make happy does anyone know if just lifting the front of my 93 3500 will be enough for 33's,i have had about 5 sets of the bfgs and always got about 50-60k on them im sure i wouldnt see that much with the heavier truck,but the most i would ever tow would be a small car trailer

HH
01-28-2009, 19:53
You should be able to fit 33" tires without a lift on a K3500. The 235/85/R16 tires I run are about 32" and there is plenty of room.

JohnC
01-29-2009, 14:04
I had 255/85-16s on the truck in the avitar with no problems. I recall they were 33" tires.

Oh, on a dualy you may have problems with them rubbing together in the back...