PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter reset

DMAX-HD
12-19-2008, 12:59
I have a 2008 D/A 2500 LT and I have 2 questions.

1) The DIC keeps on telling me I need to replace my fuel filter - how can I rest that?

2) It keeps telling me my rear tires are low on air pressure - they are not. How do I get it so it's in-sync with my real air pressure?

GMC Tech
12-19-2008, 17:42
To answer your questions, do you have the buttons on the dash for the drivers information center. These buttons also call up other things in the DIC such as MPG, setting options, program key fobs, etc.Need to know this to advise you on how to clear the filter message. Also I assume you did change the filter. As for the tire pressure monitor, are the tires stock? What air pressure are you setting them too. If you don't set them to whats listed on the pressure info on the door the light will come on. Most rear tire on 2500 HD are in the 80 psi range.

Runaway_Dmax
12-20-2008, 17:57
If you have the Driver Information Center (DIC) on your truck you can reset the fuel filter message there.

Truck has a Federal Mandated Tire Pressure monitoring system in it. To get rid of the message your front tires need to have at least 60 psi and rears at 65 psi. The door panel says the truck should be 65F/80R. I've adjusted and played around with it to find the actual threshold for my truck. If you know someone with a Tech II or are on good terms with your dealer, they can adjust the actual threshold where you would like it at.

DMAX-HD
12-22-2008, 06:39
Thanks!
I was able to reset the fuel filter. Still have the tire pressure issue. In regards to the tire issue the dic reads 63 but I have 2 gauges that both read 75psi?

Runaway_Dmax
12-22-2008, 16:50
Thanks!
I was able to reset the fuel filter. Still have the tire pressure issue. In regards to the tire issue the dic reads 63 but I have 2 gauges that both read 75psi?

Yep, same here, I set the tires to what the DIC says and I don't let it bother me.

DIESELMAX403
12-24-2008, 16:26
DMAX-HD

My 2003 doesn't have a tire pressure monitoring, but my 3500 Chevy Carpool van does. I use an Accutire brand digital pressure gage accurate within 0.5 psi to set the tire pressure cold (60 in front and 65 in rear). The vans pressure monitoring consistently reads within 1 psi; most of the time it is spot on. I have 2 of these Accutire gages and they read the same.

When I check my pressure with the Accutire gage and the vehicles monitoring system, I do it in the morning before the tires heat up. It doesn't take much traveling before the front increase by 5 psi and the back as much as 10 psi depending upon the passenger load.

Also, have you rotated your tires? When you rotate the tires, you need to reassign the pressure sensor locations or your rear reading will actually be your front reading. Instructions can be found in your manual.

DieselMax403