PDA

View Full Version : Normal acceleration??

Duranator
12-09-2008, 17:49
Proud owner of my first diesel, an 02 2500HD, LT, Ext Cab with 68K. Previous owner stated no problems except front wheel bearing so dealer replaced both sides. I've not had a chance to tow with it yet but my question is when running 50 mph plus and giving it as much throttle as I can without it downshifting, their is a small on and off surge. At first thought maybe breaking traction on somewhat slick highway but confirmed on dry that this was not the case. Mash it and I don't feel it. Dealer did a LOF plus air filter but has a Carquest fuel filter:confused: Is this normal? Taking to dealer in a couple days to have them test drive it so wanted an EXPERT opinion first! LOL Have a winter front on it but that sensor in front of rad is just for the outside temp on mirror, right?

Also plan on using PS in white this winter.

Duramaster
12-09-2008, 22:07
Have your dealer test the fuel filter for excessive restriction. If you take it to a competant dealer, they will know exactly how to check it. If you have a surge at idle, it may be related to the fuel pressure regulator itself. But that all depends on how the rest of the fuel system components are performing.

Duranator
12-13-2008, 06:58
Taking to dealer Monday to check for codes and replace Carquest FF with Genuine GM FF. Tech felt the same thing on test drive. Let ya know the results.

Thx, Duranator:)

Duranator
12-16-2008, 05:41
Picked up truck late from dealer, no codes, replaced FF, same symptom. Don't know if they checked fuel pressure or not.:confused:

Duramaster
12-16-2008, 20:02
What part of the country are you located in? Are you using that nasty B-20 diesel or just straight up diesel? Did they (the dealer) hook up a scanner for their road test? Did they ramp up the fuel pressure to check injection pump operation? I personally have never performed the light/ moderate throttle accelleration test that you are doing. How is the accellertion from a dead stop to 60 MPH? Is the ECM and the TCM software current? Just some things to check. ;)