PDA

View Full Version : New Vehicle Purchase

bobt
11-28-2008, 22:30
I'm considering getting a new 2008 or 2009 extended cab or crew cab dually-duramax/allison. I currently have a 1993 C3500 extended cab dually that got a new long block in 2000 and the cooling upgrades and intercooler shortly thereafter. It runs great, does what I need, and the newer engine has about 45,000 miles now. We do our traveling in it, carrying a 4,000# Lance camper and towing a Jeep Wrangler. I really don't need to trade but some of the financial incentives for the 2008 indicate now would be a good time. What I'd like to know is if I get a 2008, will I need to do anything further performance-wise, or is it perfectly adequate from the factory? Any insight will be appreciated.
Bob

DmaxMaverick
11-28-2008, 23:12
Any year Duramax equipped truck picks up where a well modified 6.5 (performance and reliability) leaves off. Later models have more power and creature comforts (OEM). There are several aftermarket power options available, but are not necessary when comparing a stock Duramax to a well modified 6.5L. If you haven't driven one, do it. But only if you are serious about trading up.