PDA

View Full Version : New guy question: Fuel in my '02 GMCs crankcase oil

tjknav
11-28-2008, 18:30
Heard the warranty is 200K miles; any one have a copy or info?

Thanks,
Tom

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." - Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC

Duramaster
11-28-2008, 19:09
GM special policy 04039A extends the warranty on the injectors only to 7 years or 200k miles which ever occurs first. Send me your e-mail in a private message and I can send the document to you. The Diesel Page wont allow me to cut and paste it properly. ;)

tjknav
11-28-2008, 19:45
Really am a new guy...
Thanks for your help.

More Power
12-01-2008, 16:00
Like DM indicated, assuming your truck is less than 7 years old (from the date it first went into service) and has less than 200,000 miles on the odometer, simply take your truck to your local GM dealer, and ask that they review GM special policy 04039A, as it applies to your truck's symptoms. ;)

Jim

mark g
12-02-2008, 07:16
my truck( 02 LB7) went into service 12-2001. milage is 99k with no problems, but im about to go out of warranty. :mad: should i try to get my local dealer to replace them anyway?? i dont want to do the job and i plan on keeping the truck. thanks, mark

More Power
12-02-2008, 11:29
Mark,
Odds are, your LB7 will need injectors at some point. However, the less someone works on your truck the better off you'll be. The chance for some other problem surfacing after replacing the injectors is real, and which could be more of a problem than the possibility of a future injector failure.

If you've read the various topic threads in this forum relating to coolant leaks or cooling system overpressure, you'll discover that many of them occurred soon after an injector replacement. A loosened injector cup seal could be the cause for these sorts of problems. Injector cups can be loosened as a consequence of removing and replacing an injector(s).

I asked myself the very same question you're proposing here about a year ago when my own 7 year injector warranty was about to expire. I chose to leave the truck alone because it was doing fine. :)

Jim