PDA

View Full Version : re-indexing wipers

ealemany
11-03-2008, 15:32
greetings

when i bought my suburban last december 08 the wipers stopped in the middle
of the windshield. i changed the wiper motor and the board hoping that would fix the problem, but it did not fix it. When i stop the wipers they are still finish
their course in the middle of the windshield.
So to fix the problem quickly i removed the wipers - but now that it starts to rain i need the wipers back ( plus i can get pulled over for not having wipers).

How can one reindex the wipers?
Do i need a special tool?
go to the dealer ?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Eric

HillBilly2
11-03-2008, 17:00
Turn the ignition switch on, turn on the wipers and watch the shafts turn. Turn the wipers off and they should go to park position. Now turn off ignition and put the blades back on. If this don't work you've got linkage problems I've never seen. Best of luck!

jasondmann
11-03-2008, 19:31
I couldn't get the wiper arm back on at a different position so I just bent the linkage until it lined up properly. This has worked fine for 2 years now.

tommac95
11-10-2008, 19:06
if remove the cowl vent cover (plastic at base of windscreen) you gain access to linkage .
The linkage can adjust where the wipers sweep.
My truck was once used for plowing snow in Buffalo. The previous owners -- TDP members --adjusted the wipers to throw snow off to side of cab , rather than create a pile at the side of the windshield.

ealemany
11-13-2008, 14:10
Thank you for all your help.
I will try the linkage.

Cheers

Eric