PDA

View Full Version : help

dukeymax
10-19-2008, 14:18
i have a 2500hd 6.0 no motor or trans.
i have a 06 duramax and trans,with the tcm,no ecm
can i use the 6.0 ecm. or do i need to get a 06 diesel ecm which i can get also.

Luis
10-19-2008, 15:26
not being an expert...I think I can figure that one out; since the 6.0 ecm controls spark along with many other functions AND diesels don't have spark plugs...I think you will need the diesel ecm...good luck...

dukeymax
10-19-2008, 15:52
i here ya, but i found this post and that is the only reason i ask the question.
:confused:

The conversion you're considering is entirely possible. While I haven't heard of many Tahoe conversions, there have been quite a few Suburban & H2 conversions.

If I were doing it I would want a 2003 LB7 for your 2003 Tahoe. All of the diesel harnesses will plugin and the engine will drop right in. You may need a 2" body lift to allow clearance for the Allison and to produce a little more hood clearance. If the radiator core support is different between the light-duty models and the HD's, I'd get an HD core support so installing the larger diesel radiator and intercooler was a no-brainer.

Labor is the big question. I don't think you can do this for $11K if you're outsourcing the labor.

Jim

Duramaster
10-19-2008, 19:14
A 6.0 gas engine harness and a 6.6 DMAX harness is no where close to being the same. And besides that the '06 DMAX is a new style ecm, no FICM, newer GPCM than the '4.5-'05, starter harness, charging system harness, flow rate programmed injectors which require the use of a GM Tech2. I believe the P/S pump might run at a higher pressure as well to accomodate the excess weight in the front end? I could be wrong.

dukeymax
10-20-2008, 03:36
so with that being said,can i go to the junk yard a get a 06 duramax ecm and turn off the vats system and be good to go.

Duramaster
10-20-2008, 06:17
I can't answer that really. It will be trial by fire. The VATS (Vehicle anti theft system) works with the ECM and the BCM. I don't know how that will play out.