PDA

View Full Version : DTC Code P0299

jsmiracle
10-09-2008, 05:19
I'm getting the following DTC intermittently (3 occurences in past week+):

P0299 Low Turbocharger Boost

I have a boost guage and haven't noticed low pressures. I guess I'll check my guage tap to ensure it's still snug.

Any other ideas?

I have previously cleared the DTC, but it has eventually returned.

Is my turbo failing?

Any thoughts/ideas are welcome. Thanks.

P.S. I searched this site for info. and found a thread that was abruptly ended without much discussion.

Jim M.

More Power
10-09-2008, 10:38
I'd visit the dealer, and have them check the turbo's variable vane position system. There is a list of DTC codes specific to turbo control, but I'd still want to know that the turbo is functioning correctly. You can read more about the system here:
http://www.thedieselpage.com/duramax/lly2004.htm

Jim

DmaxMaverick
10-09-2008, 10:51
Or a dirty air cleaner.

Mark Rinker
10-09-2008, 18:23
...or a bad boost sensor.

madmatt
10-16-2008, 17:48
could be a turbo, a ecm, boost sensor, circuit problem, drive pressure leak or restriction, low compression or a boost leak. How far from louisville. ky are you and can you readily duplicate this problem????

jsmiracle
10-17-2008, 08:14
Madmatt,

I live in Frankfort, KY. I cannot readily duplicate the problem, though. I cleared the DTC prior to leaving for FL (in wife's vehicle) and it hasn't returned. We just returned from FL late last night and will pull the TT across town (~10 mi. one way) later today. I'll see if it returns.

I have a Boost Stick installed. I will probably remove it, if the code returns. It may be malfunctioning and sending too low of a boost signal to the ECM. I not sure exactly how it works, but it could be a contributor.

Thanks again,
Jim.

madmatt
10-18-2008, 04:34
I've been to Frankfort quite a bit.

Since your still in warranty, take it to your local dealer. If they can't help, I'm 20min West of Louisville right off I-64.

jsmiracle
10-19-2008, 19:28
All who responded,

Thanks. No DTC's have been set in the last few days. I will plan to call a local Chevy dealer this coming week. I will let you know more as it unfolds.

BTW, is this covered under the 100k engine warranty?

Thanks,
Jim M.

madmatt
10-20-2008, 15:29
yes it should be but I'd pull the booststick and the aftermarket tune.