PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy ECM and Injector Warranty

dually2002
10-08-2008, 08:01
My 02 LB7 extended injector warranty runs out in March of next year. Going to try and get a set before it expiers . Question is will the dealership pick up on the Kennedy modded ECM. Have no injector problems now but would to get a new set while under warranty.

Mark Rinker
10-08-2008, 08:48
They have never mentioned mine. Maybe thats because they installed it - and the switch in the dash...true story! :)

Have had the '02 and '04 scanned and serviced nationwide, first had JK's tune, second had Predator tow tune, neither were flagged or discovered.
The service manager in Spokane drove my C4500 after 8 sprays were installed and remarked... "That Kodiak has more power than any one I have driven..." :)

If you have the stock ECM, pop it in for peace of mind. Otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it.

More Power
10-14-2008, 12:51
If you kept the OE ECM, I'd reinstall it before visiting the dealer. This could prevent them updating the modded ECM with a new OE flash, and it could help to prevent any sort of diagnostic problems.

Jim

dually2002
10-15-2008, 07:51
Good advice..... You know your stuff!!!

Duramaster
10-15-2008, 07:56
We as technicians are advised to scan for "Aftermarket software" and advise the S/M accordingly. I think GM is looking for ways to get out of paying for the injector replacement. It doesn't matter to me. I try to be an advocate for the customer as much as possible. :)

madmatt
10-18-2008, 04:47
Yeah GM is really putting the smack down on paying for repairs that may have been caused by aftermarket parts. Just broke a LMM owners heart two weeks ago when I found an aftermarket engine calibration in his 8 month old truck w/ a cooked tranny in it. I hated to call him on it, but it would have cost me my job and the company a lot of money had I put a trany in it and it was later found out he had been tinkering w/ tunes. GM's making everything harder on us. If I find calibration numbers that don't match, Mr Bill Carnevale (the HMFIC of Duramax pretty much) gets involved and decides where we go from there and it's out of our hands. Also w/ so many new software updates being released for everything now, After any major repair, I update the programming in the module controling the repaired system. I've fixed several new 6spds w/ software only.

MrBSA
10-21-2008, 10:17
I also have a 2002 LB7 so am wondering how you expect to get a new set of injectors. Are you having problems now with them? Mine seem to be fine so I am inclined to leave well enough alone but if the dealers are replacing them regardless then maybe I should get a set also.

Cheers.
Bruce

93_Burrito
10-21-2008, 20:55
GM covered the 6.5L's DS4 fuel injection pump for 11-years/120k miles under a special policy like the Duramax's fuel injectors, but no way could someone walk into a dealership and get a free pump just because they were about to exceed the mileage or age.

I guarantee you will not get a new set of injectors on GM's dime "just because."

-Andy