PDA

View Full Version : Does this engine/vehicle combo exist?

ScubaCat
09-07-2008, 20:18
I have a 01 2500 Chevy Van locally in VGC with a supposedly 6.5L TD in it...Problem is, I can't find any evidence of that engine being available...

The van is available for $4300...Not many options...

What kind of mileage can I expect?

DmaxMaverick
09-07-2008, 21:28
Welcome aboard!

The 6.5L is the only Diesel option in GM vans for 2001. A rare animal, for sure. The mileage will depend much on the gear ratio, equipment, and weight. Expect 15-20, before you load it down. Not much less after.

ScubaCat
10-21-2008, 18:22
Well, looks like I will be buying the van $4000...it was still there this morning so I called the guy and he said $4k and it's yours... It was used by the state to carry the truck scales for DOT mobile weigh stations. Van is in Exc condition overall but is completely uninsulated in the back...bare sheet metal. First diesel I have driven and it was pretty quick, as much of an improvement as the DMAX and allison are supposed to be, those things must freakin fly....

NADA on it is just over $8k. Not a bad deal....

Anyone know where to get performance parts for the 6.5 in the van chassis? Everything is for the pickup or suburban. Want more milage first and extra power would just be a bonus.

greenfire
11-01-2008, 08:45
Sounds like you got a great van! Regular length or extended?