PDA

View Full Version : Selling for a friend 1987 Chevy 4x4

Burning Oil
09-04-2008, 15:36
Hello again, my friend is selling a truck that has been in his shop for years. He was working on it and the customer could not afford to finish it so he sold it to my friend. I have watched the progression of the truck and can say it is a very nice project. Very solid no rust Texas truck.

Anyway about the truck:
It is a 4x4 1/2 ton short bed step side Reg cab. The bed is off a 88-98 body.
Was in the process of a frame off restore and the frame and drive train are done.
Engine is a new Jasper 350Cid (never even fired yet)
Trans im not sure about but it is also new never run yet. I think its a 700r
Tcase same thing.
Rear axle has new gears and bearings.
Front axle was rebuilt also. Both axles are the stock ones Not sure what they are
The body is very streight and in primer now. Stored inside only for atleast the last 5 years.
Brand new brakes, shocks, and stainless steel brake and fuel lines.
This was the first year for fuel injection engines.

My friend is a BASF paint rep and the best painter I know. His work is never "short cutted" He is willing to finish painting the truck for the buyer included in the price. Just to be clear thats the paint only he is not going to assemble the truck ect.... in this price.
He has over $10000 in reciepts in just parts for it.
I would have bought it in a heartbeat if it was a 67-72 or 88-98 truck. The 73-89 trucks arent my style.

He is asking $7500 OBO again thats painted your choice of color, brand new drive train Ect..... All you need to do is put it together and it is mostly put together now anyway.

Truck is in Sante fe Texas.

I will be getting some pictures hopefully by this weekend

PM me if you need more info. :)
Leroy

Burning Oil
09-08-2008, 14:37
Here are some pictures.

Burning Oil
09-08-2008, 14:51
I tried to add some more pictures. I can upload them fine, but when I try to attach them the previous window keeps poping up. As if I am tring to upload??
Anyone know whats up with that?

Anyway the pictures do not do justice to this truck. It is as solid as they get. Has been sitting in his body shop for years and has dust all over it.