PDA

View Full Version : truck cuts out on setting 4

lb7lbz
08-30-2008, 13:20
hey all, was playin around on some back roads the other day,getting ready to go to the dragstrip next week.my problem is when i stay on it too long it cuts out.truck is an 01 lb7 with the following mods,diablosport predator,mbrp4 inch exhaust,kennedy boost valve.modified stock intake w k&n drop in.predator is on setting 4- 85 horse mode. egts are within spec. under 1300 degrees boost is around 30 psi. i sometimes get a ses for high boost. i was under the impression 30 psi was ok,is it the boost that is making this happen?

Mark Rinker
08-31-2008, 05:13
2001 programming has issues when it comes to boost codes. Get your ECM reflashed with 2002 programming. Some dealerships will do it. JK can do it, I would recommend getting his basic tow/economy tune on top of 2002 programming as a baseline for any LB7 truck, the programming is way better than stock, my 2002 oil stays translucent between changes - its such a clean burning tune. Have you seen a diesel that does that?

I have a 2001 core that could be re-flashed. Let me know if you are interested in it - $150.