PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Phaser Timing Gear set

BuffaloGuy
08-27-2008, 10:29
Used for about 15,000 miles. The crank then broke and I didn't put it on the next motor. New, these are ~$480, plus shipping. I'll take $300, plus shipping. It has a few, very shallow rust pits on it as it has been out of the motor for 3-4 years but otherwise looks great. Ken 785-899-9274

skittle
10-11-2008, 12:32
Still have phaser kit? Is it for an electronic? I suspect if it was for your '93 it may not be? The kits are different right? What brand is it?

BuffaloGuy
10-19-2008, 23:31
Yep, I still have it and it was on my '93. I'm not sure what brand it is. I got it from Avant when they did motor for me years back.

trbankii
10-20-2008, 05:55
Just to help, the difference between the mechanical and electronic versions is that there is a spacer that takes the place of the reluctor ring for the electronic version. So if you have the electronic version, you leave the spacer out because the reluctor ring is there. For the mechanical, you have to add the spacer in to take up the space the reluctor would occupy.

So if it is a mechanical setup with the spacer and you have electronic - just leave the spacer out when you install it. If going electronic to mechanical, you have to come up with the spacer if it isn't included.

Hope that helps! :)