PDA

View Full Version : FSD R&R

CareyWeber
05-01-2004, 05:41
I swapped my out my FSD last night what a job it not a road side job thats for sure.

I did try to move the pump, but I never could get it to move enough to make a difference.

I made a tool with a # 15 torx bit that I shortened and welded to a piece of a old push rod.

Carey

[ 05-01-2004, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: CareyWeber ]

ttpost
05-01-2004, 07:38
after reading about all the failures of pmd/fsd i didnt even bother with the trying to take mine off, i picked up a dead car amplifier and gutted, made my own cooler.it is made of aluminum and has cooling fins.
the one i made was bigger than the ones that are being sold.
i mounted it behind the the drivers side battery.

i extended the harness myself, but you can buy extension harnesses for about 90.00, if you need one,especially for warranty purpose.

my whole cost was 5.00 for shrink tube,and 195 for new pmd fsd.

whole process took about 2.5 hours,and now i can do road side changes(hope i dont need to )
anyway my two cents, i thought it was probably easier than trying to get the old one off anyway

MTTwister
05-01-2004, 07:42
My theory of leaving the 'good' one on the Pump for a backup is out the window. After fighting to get the connector off that thing and plugged into the extension harness, there's n ow in Heck that a guy could get the original plug back onto the PMD. I'll need to investigate pulling that puppy and keeping it for a spare.

rjwest
05-01-2004, 14:00
Make a 6 inch ext cable and plug male into FSD on pump..
leave female connector end tied close to harness,
easy to swap connecters .if remote fails...

MTtwister, TCC switch works real good..