PDA

View Full Version : trans is fixed it is a-ok now thanks guys encouragement was appreciated

ttpost
04-30-2004, 19:44
went on a huge goose chase today, tried to find front input sensor, no one carried them, autozone has rear,most parts houses kept trying to sell me rear ones ran around for 4 hours.

finally donned on me duh call the guys i got the rebuild kit from. they had it it was 10$.went to pick it up and it was used,so in the process i wasnt happy, so they gave me two.then turns out a guy i used to trade house repairs for tranny work with runs the place.so he gave me 6 for 10.00. :D

then he says i should have talked to him he would have gave me 100.00 off the rebuild kit.i told him i only paid 125.00 for the kit and he said i know,geez i could have rebuilt my tranny for 25.00, i know this sounds incredible but it is true this guy is great.

anyway, after all that it wasnt the front input sensor anyway.

no-one but me and you guys seems to know what a vssb is or how it works not even my buddy which blew me away.

went to wrecking yard had to show them what it was.got one,matched the jumpers to my original and test drove

didnt work

just kidding fixed it right up,speedo is matching rpms and shifting great again.

keep this in mind the vssb (vehicle speed sensor buffer) was partially working it was sending signals to the speedo but not the pcm.

these are mounted under the glove box,and on the glove box there are handy spots to set your coffee, pop or whatever, occured to me you spill it, there is a nice little tunnel for it to run to.directly in the vssb.

i dont think this was the cause of my problem, but i cans sure see it happening, i moved mine out of the way.

cost for the part was 50.00 used they didnt even know what it was, they are 175 and chevy, of course it only took 20 minutes for the parts guy at chevy to figure out what it was also :D

anyway thanks guys, i will keep you posted if i learn anything new.

G. Gearloose
05-01-2004, 02:59
Thanks for sharing your solution!

C.K. Piquup
05-01-2004, 04:28
Good Guns!These electronic trannies can sure run you in circles,I mean,triangles(ECM/PCM,Module,Sensors).When I bought the`91Burb it had a freshly rebuilt 4L80E.Less than two weeks it went into limp-mode.The dealer took it back to Double A(honk honk)mco,they said time ran out on warranty(no miles,sitting on lot).The dealer,to get it back to me quickly,ran it over to the Chevy dealer.They replaced the module(again)and said when doing this you MUST replace ECM as well.Cost my dealer another $1,300.They took that up with Aamco.They are good people(cost me nothing,had a 50/50 warranty).Hope Aamco made it right.Anyway my point here is:Most trans shops don`t seem to realize rebuilding these trannies doesn`t just take place under the vehicle anymore.They need to go behind the glove box,too.The new $600-$700 module was ruined in less than 1,000mi.