PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure and Fuel gauge linked?

rclippard
08-04-2008, 10:32
I have the strangest problem that has plagued me for a while now. On my 95 2500 the fuel level and oil pressure gauge are linked. When I fill up with diesel the oil pressure and fuel gauge read 75%. As the fuel level drops so does the oil pressure. They always point to the same place on the gauges. When I am low on fuel the oil pressure shows super low and my check gauges light comes on. I noticed they were linked when I was running with about an 1/8th tank and started climbing a hill. Both went up to 25% and then back to 1/8th once it leveled out. I have looked but can't find a place where the wires would be shorted together. Does anyone know where to look? There can't be much area that these two run close to each other. Maybe a short on the actual gauge cluster?

rhsub
08-06-2008, 01:22
Check the grounds at the tank, dash and ops, sounds like one guage is using the other guage and sending unit as a ground path
good luck
Ron

rustyk
08-08-2008, 22:04
I'd agree - and good luck - GM seems to have wanted to hide the dash grounds as much as they could....:D

rclippard
08-11-2008, 04:33
Thanks, I will have to break down and work on it this weekend. It is my last week at work so I should have some free time to work on it starting friday. :D