PDA

View Full Version : p1781 code

lb7lbz
08-02-2008, 12:30
can anyone tell me what a p 1781 code means got it yesterday on my 01 dmax my diablosport predator cleared it but said it was an unknown code

More Power
08-02-2008, 13:11
The transmission control module (TCM) malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) request circuit tells the engine control module (ECM) that the TCM is requesting MIL illumination.

The code is set when the ECM is detecting an improper voltage level on the TCM MIL request circuit.

Usual causes: A TCM electrical connector issue. The TCM MIL request circuit wire has an open, or a short to ground or battery voltage. Try reseating all of the associated electrical connectors on both the TCM and transmission as a first step.

If you saw the code once, and it doesn't come back, it could have been due to a transient voltage issue or a misread by the ECM. In other words, don't worry about it unless it comes back, and you haven't done anything to the truck that might be associated.

Jim

lb7lbz
08-02-2008, 18:49
have only seen that code once,most of my codes are either overboost or overfueling with the predator turned up on 4 or 5