PDA

View Full Version : Wiper circuit board

panhead9
08-26-2004, 10:10
Did a search and cant find it Where is the wiper circuit board located I have a 94 blazer that wipers dont come on when switched every time I wait about 5 min then they come on but I know when its sleeting out this winter is when it will quit so i want to replace it.

Phil Holmen
08-26-2004, 10:24
The circuit board does not usually need replacing but rather a bit of extra soldering. The circuit board is directly under the cover of the wiper motor and gearbox assembly on the firewall above the brake booster. Usually the solder cracks right where the connector pins are attached.

DmaxMaverick
08-26-2004, 11:16
There is an open recall for 1994 wiper motors. Go see the dealer and you will get a new one, and they will install it for you.

Soldering will work fine in most cases, but consider that yours is 11 years old.

Read this. (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/wiperrecall.htm)

The dealer may balk and tell you the recall has expired (it's open) like many do. You obviously didn't know about the recall and have been putting up with it for a while. Insist they honor it.

panhead9
08-26-2004, 11:58
Thanks guys will hit my local dealer and try to get new installed thanks again for the quick reply.

radrecon69
08-26-2004, 16:06
If that fails I just went down to AutoZone and bought the whole wiper and it can\me with a lifetime warrenty it cost 50 or 60 dollars

Rick