PDA

View Full Version : 1994 - Where to splice fuel pump power

Rob_the_neophyte
07-24-2008, 19:56
I am installing a WVO system and I am trying to decide where I should connect the Pollak six port power wire (wire E) into the power supply for the stock fuel pump. The shop manual for electrical shows a purple/white wire coming from the ignition to the relay located on the firewall. Should I splice into that wire before or after the realy? Or should I elsewhere?

More Power
07-25-2008, 10:08
Do you know what the amperage is for the system you're installing?

Jim

Rob_the_neophyte
07-25-2008, 19:32
The auxillary fuel pump draws 10 amps and the auxillary coolant pump draws 10 amps. The Pollak six port solenoid draws less than 5 amps. That's a total of 25 amps. I thought I would take a constant hot lead off the battery junction block to power a stand-alone 30 amp relay (new). That gives me constant hot, but I can't reconcile how to get the dash-mounted switch into the circuit and make it so it's not a constant hot(?). I thought about spicing into the 25 amp fuse located inside the cab fuse block that is labeled "4WD" considering my '94 is 2WD. Does that make sense or is it possible that the fuse is there for a reason? The truck has always been 2WD.

More Power
07-25-2008, 21:31
The relay activation coil can be powered by an ignition circuit through a switch because it's a low amperage circuit. The main relay terminals will do the heavy lifting. I'd install a suitably sized inline fuse in the 30A line between the junction block hot source and the relay.

Jim