PDA

View Full Version : Many Thanks for injctr help!

Dvldog 8793
01-18-2004, 06:42
Howdy
I got my injectors replaced this weekend. Due to the help/advice from this board I think maybe I set a new time record. I changed all injectors, return lines, glow plugs and the fuel filter in about 6 hours actual shop time.
I took a cheap 30mm and a 3/8sprk plug socket, cut both apart and tig welded the 3/8 end on the 30mm opening. THIS worked great! the 3/8 gave me more room for clearance and the hex end allowed me to use a wrench when needed(#6 and 4). The hardest thing was probably remove the heat sheild on the pass side :mad: This was when I made my sacrifice to the blood gods which seemed to keep them happy for the rest of the job :D
I did not remove the turbo and did the majority of the drivers side work from the bottom through the wheel opening. Number 8 was by far the hardest injectr and GP to replace.
Thanks again and I hope I can help someone else!
L8r
Conley

Barry Nave
01-18-2004, 08:21
I hear'ya! Not looking forward to doing mine again though I know that time will come :D

Turbo Al
01-18-2004, 12:28
Good job Conley,
Now you can take new satifaction in driving it knowing that it was your sweat and blood the made the improvement.

Al

Marty Lau
01-19-2004, 08:40
Conely;

I finished getting all but the grill back on my truck this weekend. I think I can remove and install a turbo pretty quick now, after all I only did it 3 times this past weekend. Those heat shields are a bugger even with the turbo off.
Because of the longer length of the JK quick heat glow plugs I had to grind one down to get it on.
Feels good getting the job done tho.