PDA

View Full Version : Ripped Leather Seat?

pushpole
06-15-2008, 07:04
I've torn the drivers side horizontal portion of my 60/40 bench, you know right under my wallet! I've got a 2002 with the light grey leather, can I get a factory replacement section? I've searched ACdelco but did not find anything. Thanx!

DmaxMaverick
06-15-2008, 07:20
You can get it. You'll have to contact a dealer and order it. Better be sitting down when you do. You can replace the entire seat for what they get for the cover alone. More than $500, IIRC. Ridiculous, but they hold the marbles.

A better option is to remove the cover and have an upholsterer repair it. Or, take in the whole seat and let them R/R it. You can either patch the tear, which will show, or have them replace only a panel where the tear is. They could also install a panel across the torn area (it'll look a little different, but won't look like a repair or tear). Way less costly than a cover replacement.

gillguy
06-15-2008, 11:18
Had someone sit in the passenger seat with a pencil in his back pocket, needless to say the pencil stuck a hole in the seat. :mad:
Got an estimate to repair it, I don't like the patch, but to replace the two pieces in the bottom of the seat the estimate is $265.00 :(