PDA

View Full Version : Compass/Temp inside rearview mirror

firediesel7
05-31-2008, 19:38
Hey everyone just need some help on my mirror. The compass and temp are not working. It has not worked since I bought the truck but the real strange thing was that it came on all of a sudden on a trip to pick up my kid at school. That trip is probably about 200 yards from my house so it wasn't long. I have already tried the on/off switch that does not work, it's on I know. I posted this once before and everyone told me to turn it on well that didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas? I have a sneaky suspicion it's not something earth shattering. I have also heard about checking the plug under the dash, although I'm not sure which one it is everything is plugged in. Thanks for your help.

firediesel7
06-01-2008, 06:34
I forgot to tell you what kind of truck I have. It's a 2003 Chevy Silverado CC, 4x4, LB7. :p

NutNbutGMC
06-01-2008, 08:42
Realizing that this (link) does not solve your problem, I wanted to provide it for reference in case you happeneed upon something to assist, while browsing the page.

http://www.mitocorp.com/flash/nightvisionsaftey_autodimmingmirrors.htm

jbplock
06-01-2008, 16:21
Have you checked your fuses? Not sure this if this is related to your problem but I had a bad SIR coil that caused the "Service Air Bag" message to appear in the DIC. Once I found the problem and ordered a new SIR coil or clock spring (located in the steering wheel), I pulled the SIR fuse fuse to disable the SIR (air bag) system. I seem to remember that after pulling this fuse the mirror & compass functions were also disabled.