PDA

View Full Version : exits the antifreeze

thundra
05-27-2008, 09:09
Hello good afternoon from Spain, wanted to make a query on whether he has gone to someone, this is the problem: the 6.2 NA is not for nothing warms the temperature is always at 95 ° + - but recently some 50km ando when the car pulls water bottle by the radiator and yet more heated, to uncover the radiator there is pressure that pushes water into the bottle and stays 1 / 4 radiator and throw empty water bottle, as if comprovar there are bubbles in the circuit with a bottle makes no bigger but the water rises to overflowing, when the unemployment water gradually returns to the radiator and sellena again, if I walk with the car the water begins to leave until they empty the radiator, this happens to me and without the thermostat, this clean the radiator and water pump this as a new, if it happened to someone with your agradeceria Council.
Thank you very much
Pepe

dieselcj8
06-11-2008, 19:23
???????????????

JohnC
06-12-2008, 09:46
If I understand correctly, something is pushing the coolant out of the radiator.

Remove the crossover tube that has the thermostat housing attached and run the engine. Watch for air bubbles in the two flanges the crossover attaches to. If there are bubbles, the head or head gasket on that side is bad.

Duraswede
06-12-2008, 10:05
looks like he has translated from spanish on some free internet translator..
but it sounds like he has some kind of coolant problems, overpressure in the system pushing out the water from the reservoir..
maby a blown headgasket or maby a cracked head..

dieselcj8
06-12-2008, 21:04
could also be a faulty radiator cap letting the coolant to escape through the overflow, but its more than likely a head gasket or head issue

More Power
06-12-2008, 23:13
Let the vehicle sit overnight, then pull the 8 glow plugs, looking for signs of moisture on the glow plug tips. If you find moisture on one or more, you may have a bad head gasket or less likely a cracked cylinder head.

Like others here, I too feel compression pressure is finding its way into the cooling system - due to bad head gasket, which was something I experienced first hand with the first 6.2L diesel I owned.

Jim

Robyn
06-13-2008, 06:19
Head gasket would be my first guestimate.

Probably one of the end cylinders

Robyn