PDA

View Full Version : IP Replacement

bmjjm
01-17-2004, 12:04
I recently changed my IP. All codes led to IP failure. After changing, the problem still existed. Come to find out, the 19 pin connector at the rear of the intake had some loose connections. After fixing this problem, no codes appeared, but the truck is a dog! I still achieve @12lbs boost, but no power. I used to get black smoke out the tailpipe as soon as I got on it, before the boost kicked in, but not now. I have tried unsuccessfuly to reset the TDC offset with the usual procedure, 170 temp, pedal to the floor for 45 sec., etc., but no results. The old pump that I removed was replaced in '97, it was a DS4831, the new one was a 5521 I belive. Is there any compatibility problems with these, or am I missing something? I am at a loss now, the truck starts and runs fine, the idle seems a little low, and immediately after starting, it stalls when it is cold. Like I said, it seems like its not getting enough fuel, everything else seems to be normal. I'm about ready to put the old IP back on, it ran real good before. Any helf is grealty appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

bmjjm
01-17-2004, 12:06
Sorry, any HELP is greatly appreciated!!!!

Barry Nave
01-17-2004, 15:07
You have no choice but to retime and relearn the TDC offset by way of a Tech II scan tool.
With the new pump I'm sure you installed a new FSD.
Keep the new pump it's the most up to date one you can get.

[ 01-17-2004, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Bnave95 ]

bmjjm
01-18-2004, 10:04
Thanks, Yes, it was a new fsd.