PDA

View Full Version : I NEED a Mechanic

RipCord
05-24-2008, 18:21
This is starting to wear on me big time, i have an 05 3500 dually,long bed quad cab gmc. When i first purchased it it ran like a champ, it also had 102k miles on it.so i changed the intake ,air raid. and cat back exaust,i put in a superchip in. Well all was well until i was smashing up the hill and it bogged down and started what seemed like backfiring or missing, Lunging what ever. i took to the dealer because i know less about diesels than the average plow horse.! well after 2k it still does the same thing, i changed everything, i took the chip out long before i took it in,well now when i step on it i get black smoke,lunging idle at stop lites. and it has on occasion not shifted into 5th gear , actually it stops shifting all together until i turn it off and restart it. any ideas.
i would love it if anybody new a good mechanic in Sacramento Ca area!!
thanks for your time i am just ranting!
Eric

Duramaster
05-26-2008, 10:32
do you know what DTC's that the vehicle is setting? You said they replaced everything. Is the engine loosing fuel pressure? If so, did the shop test the fuel pressure limiting valve? I live in the Portland/ Vancouver area so this is the best I can do. ;)

RipCord
05-27-2008, 13:48
No they said nothing like that , maybe im asking the wrong questions,. i looked up the dtc and it said i have a tranny ?? module foul? also i hade an issue with the # 1 and 7 pistons fuel pressure,and they cleaned them. also something else about the exhaust being recyled ,some theing was changed there too.i generally know more about this stuff but i never cought the basics when i got the truck and know i dont have enough time in the day!

Duramaster
05-27-2008, 20:50
Maybe you have a #2/ #7 injector issue? DTCs P0202 and P2149 or P0207 and P2146 or P1294? If so, you probably need the injector harness update. Ask your dealer about GM Bulletin # 05-06-04-047C. It tells all about that issue. As far as the Exhaust goes, the engine might also have set a P0401 or a P0404 EGR DTC. Anyway, there is a calibration update for the EGR operation. You might run that by your dealer as well. The harness update takes an hour for the repair and the software requires another half hour. And as far as the transmission goes, sometimes the trans will set a dtc along with the engine dtc's just for fun! Hope this helps. ;)