PDA

View Full Version : Is there a magnet in were the trans Xternal filter fits?

joearizona
05-20-2008, 15:45
When I serviced My trans the other day I found a round magnet on top of the external filter & I never noticed it before? the truck is a 05 Duramax W/ allison trans. Is there a magnet there or has some one installed this there before I got the Truck?

Mark Rinker
05-20-2008, 16:14
Yup, its supposed to be there.

Make sure it gets transferred to the new filter. They don't come with a new magnet.

A few of mine have 'gone missing' when having the truck serviced at a general repair/tire shop...consider yourself lucky!!!

jjcsnlynn
12-24-2010, 17:02
When I serviced My trans the other day I found a round magnet on top of the external filter & I never noticed it before? the truck is a 05 Duramax W/ allison trans. Is there a magnet there or has some one installed this there before I got the Truck?

Is the magnet on the top of the filter (bottom when installed)? I'm changing mine next week and I don't see the magnet on the filter. Where can I get another one?

rapidoxidationman
12-24-2010, 18:56
The donut magnet goes on the inside of the filter (immersed in fluid); the hole allows the filter's female threads to engage the transmission's male threads.