PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding fuel injection control module

dieseldummy
05-17-2008, 17:35
I'm in need of a FICM for my '01 LB7. It's the box on the passenger side valve cover that fires the injectors. It's cooled with fuel and mine has started leaking. I didn't know it, but when the dealer started tearing it down to put injectors in it yesterday they found that all the wiring is full of fuel. I'd like to find a used one because a new one is out of the budget. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Justin

jbplock
05-18-2008, 04:21
The dealer is telling you the FICM is leaking?

Kennedy
05-18-2008, 05:52
They should be everywhere in the salvage yards as they just don't seem to be failing--yet. I might have one here. I'd sure think you could pick one up for around $100.

dieseldummy
05-18-2008, 08:53
jbplock, yes they told me it's bad. I went down and looked and sure enough it's seeping fuel into the wiring harness.

kennedy, salvage yards were going to be the next stop when they open on monday. None of them around here have anything newer than '80's model chevy's though...

I think I found one from a fellow on here. Thanks for the help guys!

Duramaster
05-19-2008, 06:18
Take a closer look at the FICM wiring and the FICM itself. There is Dielectric grease packed into the wiring from the factory. I made the same mistake myself the first time I had one of these apart.

Kennedy
05-19-2008, 09:05
It's not excessively hard to remove so I would have them put it back together as is. If it is really leaking it will show. I will definitely caution on the rust factor with the HP lines though. If you can get them covered, I'd replace most if not all of them. I purchased several sets of takeoffs for just such occasions. My local dealer purchases them from us for out of warranty trucks.

Duramaster
05-20-2008, 06:05
How much are the high pressure line from you Kennedy? :confused:

dieseldummy
05-23-2008, 16:11
Well, the lines/connections are full of rust so their getting replaced under warrenty as well. The FICM should be delivered today so it's just a matter of waiting for the lines to come in.

I really can't believe how much rust was in the lines/connections. I am glad however that they didn't even ask questions or try to get out of replacing them. Just goes to show a good dealer goes along way!

Duramaster
05-23-2008, 18:50
Yeah, I replace those lines all the time under warranty. Never been questioned. I just have to jump through all the hoops so to speak. The lines add another $800 to the job!!! :eek: