PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler...

JeepSJ
05-01-2008, 14:24
In front of or behind AC condenser? Where does the factory put them on a Dmax? Getting ready to finally install AC and I think I'm going to try to get an intercooler installed at the same time.

DmaxMaverick
05-01-2008, 14:44
Behind the condenser, and in front of the radiator (Duramax is like this, as is all other I/C engines). Installing it in front of the condenser will make the A/C basically useless.

winemaker
05-01-2008, 15:54
Did you check out the article a couple months ago on a $400 intercooler?

JeepSJ
05-01-2008, 22:03
Behind the condenser, and in front of the radiator (Duramax is like this, as is all other I/C engines). Installing it in front of the condenser will make the A/C basically useless.

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know.

Now I'm curious - do they put the oil and trans coolers in front or behind the condenser?

Did you check out the article a couple months ago on a $400 intercooler?

Sure did. Some of the concepts apply, but my application is a little bit different...:D

DmaxMaverick
05-02-2008, 01:09
Thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know.

Now I'm curious - do they put the oil and trans coolers in front or behind the condenser?

Sure did. Some of the concepts apply, but my application is a little bit different...:D

In front. No room between the big cores (unless it's a custom job). The smaller cores don't soak much cool air, relatively.

The order:
Aux. fan (pusher, if used), cooler(s), condenser, I/C, radiator, electric fan (puller, if used). The delta T, surface area, use cycle, and BTU needs determine the order. Changing the order can make one cooler ineffective, while offering only a minimal or no gain to the other(s).