PDA

View Full Version : 2006 K3500 - soft brake pedal

Mark Rinker
04-21-2008, 09:37
I noticed this progressively getting worse, driver complained today that it 'feels unsafe'.

Pads/rotors visually inspect OK. Fluid level OK. Brake function still OK, but lots of travel. No brake light or code.

Anyone had this, or mechanics care to weigh in on likely outcome?

cowboywildbill
04-22-2008, 18:06
Sounds like air in system or a bad mastercylinder. I have experienced soft pedals on brakes that get hot also.

gillguy
04-24-2008, 10:24
Had one about 2 weeks ago. Sounds like the same thing.
Bled the brakes and it's working great. The owner said it stops on a dime now.

beeler
04-24-2008, 15:48
I hope it's not like an '03 my brother had. He had the exact same symtoms. A bleed at the dealers sometimes would not last the 100 miles for him to get home. They went through multiple master cylinders, calipers and I don't remember what all. He wound up trading the rig while it was still under warranty because they couldn't fix it. Now he has a Ford with a 6.0 that has been trouble. Go figure??

Mynyrd1
04-24-2008, 17:05
I have a similar problem, as you are coming to a stop it feels like the brakes completly go away if you push the pedal hard they work fine. I have had the truck into the dealer and the replaced the master cylinder.

I almost think that the tranmission braking is letting go as you get close to stopping. :confused:

DADGLW
06-16-2008, 18:44
mark..did you ever find out the problem? my 3500 is doing the same thing, sometimes the pedal will jump a couple of times when you hit it

Mark Rinker
06-16-2008, 19:11
Bled the brakes, improved somewhat. Still has more pedal travel, but didn't feel unsafe moving 10K# of boat and trailer home from FL to MN last week.

Jury is still out on this one. I might throw a master cylinder at it, when I feel like I have too much money in the account. :rolleyes: