PDA

View Full Version : Help take door panel off?

ross1147
04-10-2008, 17:53
My passenger window had the motor go out a couple months back. Didn't really care that much because of the winter weather, but now I want to fix it because summer is right around the corner. Anyway, I don't want to break anything, so how do you go about taking the door panel off? I don't want to start yanking and have something break. I drive a '03 2500 Dmax Chevy LT (not sure if different than GMC doors). Thanks.

TNeustadt
04-11-2008, 04:48
I have removed the door panel to replace the speakers. If you go to Crutchfield.com they have detailed instructions for purchase. It is not hard to do, but I don't have a copy in front of me so I'll wait to post instructions. Maybe e-maill to you.

NutNbutGMC
04-13-2008, 16:46
My passenger window had the motor go out a couple months back. Didn't really care that much because of the winter weather, but now I want to fix it because summer is right around the corner. Anyway, I don't want to break anything, so how do you go about taking the door panel off? I don't want to start yanking and have something break. I drive a '03 2500 Dmax Chevy LT (not sure if different than GMC doors). Thanks.Here's a tool for removal of the panels ==> http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?search=door+panel+removal+tool&i=18187650

Click on the Outlet and get it for $7 + $7 for shipping.

ross1147
04-15-2008, 16:41
Thanks for the suggestions but I went ahead and just pulled it off this weekend blind. Wasn't too hard. Just took my time and did a little investigating. Got the motor and regulator switched out then changed a glowplug. All in all good weekend. Window works and check engine light shut off. Thanks again.