PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Chev 6.6 exhaust brake

Tom/Tom
04-05-2008, 15:53
Question? I had a exhaust brake system installed on mt 6.6. I had codes for mass air flow sensor. fixed with new module. Still getting service particulate filter. 1000 km. Is there any fix to correct the problem? And if I keep using the brake system will I go into limp mode?
Thanks Eng code LMM

Duramaster
04-05-2008, 19:27
what brand/ type of exhaust brake are you using? Have you checked with your local dealer about having the "factory" option enabled? It may or may not be possible. The turbo is the exhaust brake on the medium duty trucks and has been since the 2006 LLY model year. ;)

tpitt
04-06-2008, 10:21
[QUOTE=Duramaster;235674]what brand/ type of exhaust brake are you using? Have you checked with your local dealer about having the "factory" option enabled? It may or may not be possible.

I agree. I wasn't even aware one was out for the LMM yet. But then theres only one exhaust brake I will use. Terry

Tom/Tom
04-06-2008, 11:55
The make is BD Diesel performance. There are no chips, just exhaust valve before the cat plus the operating system. There is only one RPO that allows the turbo to be used and this truck does not have it.

tpitt
04-06-2008, 13:13
Are you testing it for them? I'm a BD dealer amd am usually in the "loop" when new products come out. I've not received any word on a LMM brake yet. Maybe your dealer installed one of the earler models. I'm curious of what they can do, because of the DPF. I would have to think they would make a controller of the exhaust vanes in the turbo.

Tom/Tom
04-06-2008, 13:33
I think the dealer I received it from thinks we are testing the system. They still trying to come up with a solution. Thanks for your help. I might have to remove the systen and put it back to normal at a great cost. I will leave it on for now. If you or I get some more info I will let you know

tpitt
04-06-2008, 13:39
Give BD a call 1-800-887-5030. Ask for tech support. They're located in Abbotsford. I'm assuming your in Canada, as you stated km's. Terry