PDA

View Full Version : Have an antifreeze leak Help

eembry
03-29-2008, 17:08
I have a 1992 2500 chevy with 6.5 noticed when I move it today there was antifreeze on the floor that had dripped from the rear of the engine. It is the first time I have found anything on the floor under it. Always parked on clean concrete floor. What I need to know is there a fitting on the back of the engine that could be leaking? By the way pulled the cover off the top couldn't tell anything, also looking from underneath cannot tell where it is coming from other than it looks as if it is coming from the upper rear of the engine. I really don't want to know that it could be a freeze plug in the back of the head , so I will be anxiously waiting to hear what you think it is. Thanks, Eddie

redbird2
03-30-2008, 07:29
the only place on the rear of the engine you possible have a coolant leak would be the freeze plugs on the back of the block, second would be the two coolant blockage plates on the heads. however I would be look up by the coolant crossover and see if you don't have leak there and its running down the valley and out the rear. start looking at the heater hose connector they leak a lot of the times

good luck

DmaxMaverick
03-30-2008, 07:38
Have a close look at your heater core coolant connectors near the firewall. It is fairly common for these to leak.