PDA

View Full Version : wastegate solenoid vacuum line broke

new-dieselman
03-27-2008, 17:05
Hi guys. I was poking around under the hood yesterday thinking about my boost gauge install that i'm about to do when i broke the small vac line going to the vac pump (brittle). Went to the auto parts and rigged up some vac hose and connected one end to the hose coming from vac pump and the other end to the soeinoid on the drivers side valve cover. Problem is it does not seem to be working. Not enough vac to keep the wastegate closed. Now i'm getting really high egt's of course etc etc. I'm thinking it's time to get heaths turbo-master or kennedys equivalant. But i need vacuum untill the T.M. arrives. Is the inside diameter of the vac hose important? Because the one i rigged up is of larger inside diameter. Would this cause lower vac? Also the length is a coulpe feet longer. Also will heaths T.M or Kennedys cause codes? Sorry for the long post. Thanks for ideas.

rustyk
03-27-2008, 19:54
If the hose you installed is intact, either there's a vacuum leak (brilliant, I know :D) or the vacuum pump is kaput.

I'm not familiar with GM trucks, but many vehicles have vacuum-actuated blender doors in the heating-A/C system, and these also tend to have those POS brittle lines; your leak may actually be there.

DmaxMaverick
03-27-2008, 20:44
Or.....
Maybe the solenoid is connected backward (very common mistake).