PDA

View Full Version : 95 gmc heavy 3/4 6.5td

REOGRAND
08-20-2004, 12:28
new member what i have seen this is a great site! I just bought a 95 gmc with a 6.5td with 102000 on it it is bone stock and runs great. I'm wanting to know what improvement that i can do to make it run better.
I do alot of heavy towing and I live in a cold climate If any body has any answer's i would greatly enjoy the input.

sturgeon-phish
08-20-2004, 16:48
Welcome! You will read and read more and learn more about what makes our trucks tick. The folks here are great and you'll never regret your $20 investment for joining. Lots of posts o order of mods. The sky and your budget are the only limiting factors. Typically the modification order is, Gauges (boost, pyro & trans temp) exhaust/downpipe, cooling upgrades and the rest are mixed. Some mods, gutting cat, airbox mods and battery post terminals are cheap and easy. Good luck
Jim

Keith Richards
08-20-2004, 17:12
Like he said,just keep reading and learning.This site is the best investment I've made to my truck.The guys here will try to help you out any chance they get.My truck has been very good to me for two years,except for the almost unnavoidable inj. pump/pmd failure,that happened about 30,000 miles ago,and was covered under warranty,so no trouble except time down.Great truck in my opinion.