PDA

View Full Version : Injectors-standard vs. high flow

number two
04-26-2004, 04:04
My computerless friend has asked me to pose a question to all you helpful guys out there. He has a 1998 K3500 6.5 with 392,000 miles on it with original injectors and ,remarkably so,has only had one injection pump installed at 180K. His oil consumption is about one quart/2000 miles and he thinks a couple injectors are getting a little weak,therefore he wants to change them out. He accumulates all these miles delivering all sizes of trailers from Indiana to all parts of the country.
His questions-Would there be any advantage to go to the high flow injectors? He doesn't need more power,but would take it. Any pump modifications needed? Too many miles on his engine to go bumping the power output?
Also,anybody care to speculate the best source for injectors,whichever kind? I see Kennedy,Gomers,etc. advertised-just wondering.
We will certainly appreciate your opimions,thoughts,and information. Thank you in advance.

Dvldog 8793
04-26-2004, 05:32
Howdy
I Have Bosch High-pop injctrs. They made difference power wise in MY truck. I have many other mods. I think if it was me I would stick with good new factory injectors. I replaced mine at the same time I had the pump done, I have heard that the high-pops can be hard on pumps. OH WELL! such is the price of power! ;)
I have bought allmost all my stuff from Kennedy, I have never heard anything bad aboput any one else I'm just sticking with what I know!
Hope this helps!
L8r
Conley

patrick m.
04-26-2004, 15:56
if he has made no improvments to the power dept, and does not plan to,,,,,just get new stock injectors, and save the extra money.
too many other improvments are needed before high-pops ;)

number two
04-27-2004, 12:11
Gentlemen-thanks your comments. I would tend to agree that stock would be the sensible thing to do. Guess we'll check Mr.Kennedy's website for a set of them. once again,thank you.

markelectric
04-27-2004, 12:52
Check out Heath Diesel Power. Bill has those at a good price.