PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Spacers

GMC Hauler
03-21-2008, 16:35
I am considering wheel spacers for the rear of my Suburban. I've looked around, and seen very little in the way of any feedback from those who have used them. What i would like to know from those who have used them or seen them used is:

1. What size did you use?
2. Material (Aluminum or Steel)?
3. Wheel spacing (1, 1.5, 2, or 3")?
4. Experiences driving?
5. Experiences towing?

Thanks

DaveNY
03-21-2008, 18:46
Put them on (2" Billit aluminum) a few years ago.Noticeable improvement in cornering and ride. Also eliminated people from telling me I was offtracking when they were following.
One of the best improvements for the money I have done for the truck. I retorqued them once and have never had a problem. Hope this is helpful.
Dave

GMC Hauler
03-21-2008, 20:06
Put them on (2" Billit aluminum) a few years ago.Noticeable improvement in cornering and ride. Also eliminated people from telling me I was offtracking when they were following.
One of the best improvements for the money I have done for the truck. I retorqued them once and have never had a problem. Hope this is helpful.
Dave

Definitely helps.

Where did you get yours from?

Hubert
03-22-2008, 05:43
I also put on 2" spacers. It makes a very nice improvement to wheel and tire appearance and the appearance of the truck. Looks good with 285/75's and OE steel rims. It might not make as big a difference with bigger tires or more offset rims???

I can't really tell any ride, cornering, or performance difference. I have towed pretty decent weight with them and they seem to have held up fine but I haven't taken tires off and on enough to tell if they will stand up to over zealous impact gun usage and do worry about that.

I can't remember who I bought them from; some older guy Ed or Frank ??? from a link on here or the place. I have seen a wide variety of price so do shop around.

I wish I did not have to run them as I like the hub centric fit of the OE wheels better than the lug centric spacer. I dream about one day trying to switch to daully hubs and axles and do a rear disc conversion. That would be my preffered setup I think.

Only little issue I had was a little rust and dirt on the hub which made the fit tight I had to wire brush it off and clean well to get the spacers to seat correctly.

DaveNY
03-23-2008, 18:14
I picked mine off of ebay. Then about $77.00, now I saw them at $89.00. I searched GMC 8 lug 2 in. wheel spacer. They come with lugnuts.
I am curious as to your results and opinion if you install them.
Dave

GMC Hauler
03-24-2008, 14:51
Dave

I'll let you know my results.

Thanks

GMC Hauler
05-09-2008, 13:30
Dave

Installed. Definitely stabler, as it doesn't wiggle left to right as much. Haven't towed yet, but we'll see.